Saturday, September 18, 2010

Darth Nibbles

The following is a true story, every damned word.


Cleaning out my mother’s shed not too long ago, I found a box. Opening it up I discovered only some old, plastic garden supplies. "Nothing too interesting there," I thought. However, deep within these supplies I suddenly spied pair of black eyes looking up at me.


Those tiny peepers belonged to a momma mouse with a whole clather of young ‘uns attached to her!


Ah crap.


Now I am not SO heartless as to harm an innocent family, okay, but I also won’t allow a bunch of freeloading squatter’s rights to this shed!


I collected the whole box and carried it out of the shed, when one little mouse detached itself from its mother and looked up at me.


...


I was transfixed. After a moment or so in, I realized I was under a Jedi Mind Trick!


I guess 'mouse-Jedis' only hold sway on smaller animals because I shook it off pretty quickly. But still was the problem of relocating a family. I took the whole clutch of them to the edge of the woods and dumped them out. They all scrambled through the desperately in the in-need-of-a-cutting grass towards the woods and perceived safety just outside the fenceline.


At the last minute, the little one stopped and looked back at me. I wasn't sure if he nodded his head in a silent "thank you for kindness, Good Human" gesture or if it was a "You took our home, I will not sleep until I have destroyed all that you care for!" gesture. Mice are hard to read like that.



I must admit, however, that I kind of enjoy the thought of having a future that could either find me rewarded by some future king of the Mouse world or one that has me suffering at the tiny little hands of a rodent overlord, Jedi descendent.


So exciting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin