In fact, there is so much that I love about Hallowe'en, that I decided to do a Letterman-style Top Ten List. (Please the note the "high road" of not resorting to a Letterman infidelity joke. Thank you.)
So, here now is my...
Top Ten Reasons Why Hallowe'en Is So Friggin' Cool!
10. Month-Long Horror Movie marathons, (Piranha 2: The Spawning?)
9. Jesus Freaks in Downtown Salem are so easy to get going!
8. The ability to wear a mask into stores, restaurants, et cetera. It's like a License to Stalk!
7. The ability to carry a real sword in public without arousing suspicion. "No! It ain't concealed!"
8. Enough candy left over from the beggar-training to block a colon!
5. All of the Sexy Witch/Cat/Vampire/Maid/ Devil/Bunny/Slut costumes!!!
4. I can finally get rid of those eggs that I have been saving since Hallowe'en '06!
3. I can bury things in my yard at night and people think I am being "seasonally festive" and "fun!"
2. Victims come right to the door. No reason to rent a van!
1. So much really poor-taste blogging material!
And lastly, my Bonus Reason:
All of those great scares, spooks and surprises!