Saturday, June 13, 2009

Cake n Beer


I was rummaging around in a box of old photos recently, and found an old favorite of mine. It was from a family gathering way back in 1970. And features some of my older relatives knocking back some Irish bread and Buds, just partying on.


Great picture.


And, possibly from the same party, a candid shot of your humble author...


(Not exactly sure what was in that bottle...)



I am reminded of a song by the (intentionally!) provocatively named punk band from Ireland, Spud Nigger, (whose soul purpose on Earth often seems like it is just to see who “gets it,”) and I wanted to include the song “Cake n Beer” here in the attic, but due to technical difficulties, (i.e. I couldn’t figure out how to!), this did not come to pass.


I was, however, able to include a link to the band’s video, “When I Grow Up I Want to Drink,” (which also seems pretty appropriate given the photos.) Funny stuff. Enjoy!



For more info on “Da Spuds,” as they are sometimes billed to appease the more brittle sensitivities, you can check out their MySpace page at http://www.myspace.com/spudnigger


Cheers.








condron.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin